Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Blog0 - Introductory Post

Technology In My Life
First of all,  I am an Apple girl through and through.I consider myself to have a pretty advanced grip on creative technology. I love both digital and film photography. I was in TV production for six years and while I was an anchor/reporter for some, I spent a lot of my time working behind the scenes. I have a good handle on how to use Photoshop, I spent countless hours in summer ITV  workshops learning how to use Final Cut Pro, Motion, Photoshop, etc. After I quit TV production to do musical theatre, I didn't spend any time continuing to use FCP or Motion, but I've always kept Photoshop on my computer and thoroughly enjoy using it. Last semester I held the position of Creative Development in my service sorority, so I designed all of our tshirts for the semester which was a lot of fun. Of course other technologies are a part of my everyday life, as is the case for most millennials. I use Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr, and Facebook to keep up with friends far and near and with domestic/global current events. I've used Word and Powerpoint through all of my educational career, but I've never learned much about Excel or anything else in the Office world.

My Hopes For This Class
I do think that most of the topics in this class will be a bit of a breeze, but I'm excited for having assignments that are all pretty creative in how each of us will execute it. The whole atmosphere of the course seems like it will be enjoyable. I am interested to learn how to create a webpage because that's something I haven't really done before. I'm also looking forward to seeing how all of these technologies that I've become comfortable with using in my everyday and educational life will translate into my prospective career.

Learning Style
I was not surprised to see that I am much more of a visual leaner than verbal learner. I've always preferred working hands on and with graphics because they are much more digestible to me. I was sort of shocked to see that I was so in the middle of all of the other learning style spectrums.


No comments:

Post a Comment